In today’s post, we will focus on essential behaviors that impact oral health. Of course, effective brushing and flossing are two vital habits for healthy teeth, but there are many more things we can do to keep a healthy smile.
- Do eat a nutritious diet with a variety of foods. This is necessary for overall physical health and a strong immune system.
- Do enjoy calcium-rich dairy products like milk, cheese, and yogurt to neutralize acids that are detrimental to enamel.
- Don’t eat sugary foods. Sugar results in the production of dangerous cavity-causing acids that weaken enamel and lead to cavities.
- Don’t snack throughout the day. This revs up plaque production and subjects the teeth to continual contact with acids.
- Don’t chew on ice. (It really can break teeth.)
- Don’t drink energy drinks. They have many substances that are detrimental to teeth.
Other Important Tips
- Don’t use your teeth as tools. It is better to cut that knotted shoelace than to gnaw at it to try to untangle it.
- Don’t get piercings in or around your mouth.
- Don’t ignore tooth pain or sensitivity.
- If you have children, communicate with Marketing Specialist Peery about water fluoridation. If your municipal water supply is not fluoridated, you may want to give your youth fluoride supplements.
- Don’t use a medium or hard bristle toothbrush. It can damage gums.
- If you have an eating disorder – seek professional help ASAP. Bulimia and anorexia are extremely damaging to teeth. (Not to mention the toll they take on the heart and other organs.)
We encourage all of our patients to maintain a lifestyle that supports dental health as well as overall physical health. At Pro Systems Dentistry, we serve the Taylorsville area with exceptional dental care including general and cosmetic dentistry. Ask us about dental implants, dental restorations, periodontal disease treatment and cleaning and prevention.
Contact Pro Systems Dentistry:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):
Teeth Whitening Special – Call for details.
Bring this coupon into our office, or call now: 801-870-0623
Pro Systems Dentistry | 3553 West Chism Court, Taylorsville, Utah 84129