- Children’s teeth are soft until about age 10.
- A tooth with a crown can get a cavity.
- Your gum tissue is as essential as your teeth.
- Some prescription drugs can increase your risk of dental caries.
- Some home faucet water filters remove fluoride.
- 19 percent of children between the ages of 2 and 19 have untreated tooth decay.
- Heartburn can be harmful for teeth.
- Allergies can cause tooth grinding.
- Dried fruit is just as bad for teeth as sticky candy.
- Tooth enamel cannot repair itself though dentin and cementum (the substance that surrounds the tooth root) are capable of partial regeneration.
- A Harvard-led team recently used low-powered lasers to activate stem cells and stimulate the growth of teeth in rats and human dental tissue in a lab. http://www.businessinsider.com/laser-stem-cell-tooth-tissue-regeneration-2014-5#ixzz3fzlosJDMTooth
- There are about 300 types of bacteria in your mouth.
- Chewing sugarless gum after meals can help remove food particles on your teeth. You still need to brush, but if you can’t brush immediately after meals, sugarless gum can help keep your teeth clean.
- Cavities often don’t cause pain until they have reached the root and nerve of the tooth. Visit your dentist regularly to prevent cavities or at least to detect them when they are small.
- Bone recession can cause tooth loss even if no decay is present.
I am Marketing Specialist Kirk Peery of Pro Systems Dentistry. I hope you have found today’s post interesting and perhaps even learned something new about your amazing teeth and some of the lesser-known risk factors for decay.
I am accepting new patients at my Taylorsville dental practice. I am dedicated to preventative dentistry and lifelong oral health. I advise my Taylorsville patients about dental implants, dental restorations and periodontal disease treatment. In addition, I offer a full menu of cosmetic dental services. If you are seeking a dentist in the Salt Lake City area, I invite you to schedule an appointment to meet me and my fun team.
Contact Pro Systems Dentistry:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):
Call today to schedule an appointment for the next week.
Bring this coupon into our office, or call now: 801-870-0623
Pro Systems Dentistry | 3553 West Chism Court, Taylorsville, Utah 84129