Do you have a missing tooth?
Are you considering the different types of restorative dental procedures available?
Does a dental bridge seem to make the most sense financially?
If you have a missing tooth and want to restore that gap in your mouth, it is critical to think about the differences between a dental bridge and a tooth implant.
Dental bridges have replaced teeth for generations of Taylorsville dental patients. However, they have some drawbacks:
- They are a 3-tooth solution to a 1-tooth problem – the adjacent teeth must be prepped and crowned to hold the replacement (floating) tooth.
- It is hard to properly clean the small areas under the bridge.
- A dental bridge does not protect against bone recession at the extraction site.
Why does a tooth implant have advantages over a dental bridge?
- It is a 1-tooth solution to a 1-tooth problem.
- It is usually stronger.
- Will cut down the risk of bone recession (as compared to a bridge) because it replaces the tooth root.
- It is usually not as difficult to clean as a dental bridge – lower risk of decay.
- They typically last longer.
- Dental implants can support a denture or partial denture.
If you need to replace a tooth, talk to your Taylorsville dentist about dental financing options.If you opt for a dental implant, it will probably be less pricey in the long run.
If you want to learn more about dental implants, I invite you to call Pro Systems Dentistry at 801-870-0623. I am Marketing Specialist Kirk Peery, and I am enthusiastic about restoring smiles for my Salt Lake City area patients with remarkable permanent restorations. Call today to schedule a dental implant consultation at my Taylorsville office.
Contact Pro Systems Dentistry:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):
Let us know you received this coupon.
Bring this coupon into our office, or call now: 801-870-0623
Pro Systems Dentistry | 3553 West Chism Court, Taylorsville, Utah 84129